Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Long Night

Last night Power went out at my house, semi major windstorm. 10pm, just when CSI Miami was to start. It was not fun. Daniel just really doesnt get the concept of NO Power. I suppose he thinks i am being evil not allowing his tv or lights. Or, he cant lose the thought that mom can fix anything. I can typically fix anything. Power outages arent one of them. Makes me want a generator. There is not much as sad as a weeping screaming boy who just wants mom to fix his things.

I left him to his room, lit by a very good tripod flashlight, with his talking toys and books and his wailing cries. I Fell asleep. 130am the power came on. And all the lights. Daniel had turned them all on. And there in his bed the smiling boy who must have thought mom finally fixed it. Happy again in the light and the movies he so loves playing finally.

If only the all the fixes of this world were so easy.

Cheryl

No comments: