Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Birthday Eve and My Gift

Twas the night before birthdays and all thru the house everyone is sleeping and mice arent quiet.

This time 21 years ago I was waiting anxiously for my birthday to arrive because it was also the baby's due date. I had no doubt Gerald would be born on that date since many months before the ultra sound predicted November 26th. I am very punctual.

I spent my 27th birthday in a hospital with pain and excitement and a few scarey moments. The gift I received that day is like no other. The joy from this gift has rippled thru my years creating the basis for all I do. He even brought me to jewels.

My gift wants to touch the world and I have no doubts he will.
Someday he will realize that he already has.

The boy who so earnestly asked at 3 to go to Hollywood has held onto that dream and in the years to come my most cherished gift will reach into the lives of others, changing them with his, his words and his images and I can only smile at how special that is.

Gerald at 21, still the best gift ever...

Cheryl

No comments: