Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Trees

Ok I have been a bad blogger again, been almost a week, what can I say, I just get busy and forget !

Today I hope to snag another treasury. Yeah I am a bit addicted to the whole treasury thing. Kinda like winning the lottery but no cash. OK that doesn't make alot of sense but perhaps its relateable.

I would really like to learn to make fused glass with metal jewelry. I think I need a blow torch....kinda scarey me with a blow torch. I have seen some really cute jewelry where they take things and put them behind glass and put silver around them. I would like to put brass around them since it's my favorite metal but haven't researched it yet to see if such a thing can be done. Not even sure what the melting point of brass is. But I will find out and get a torch and see if I can't create these little things i have in mind.

Here is my newest creation:


I really like the shimmery grey/blue look of it. I made a new red filigree piece too that turned out nice:



And that is about it ! Maybe I can try to remember to post ...

Cheryl

No comments: