Friday, September 14, 2007

Distractions

I have a good excuse this time for not blogging lol

My son leaves for college tomorrow and It's been hectic to say the least getting him ready. I have made a few new things, listed some on etsy and have alot more list. I had wanted to get more pictures done today but the weather hasn't cooperated. I will have to get a new camera now that Gerald is taking his to college !

Today is a day of mixed emotions. I go from crying to almost giddyness.

Gerald and I leave in the morning to take him to Evergreen State College.
I will be coming back alone.

I hate to see him go, feels at moments the most unbearable thing I have had to face, even worse than autism. At other times I am just so pleased and proud he gets the opportunity to have a decent education, meet new people and experience dorm life and life in general outside the 4 walls of this tiny little town.

I know I will miss him greatly. He is not only my son, he is my friend. And my jewelry critic !

He has become a man I am proud of and I want for him only good things in life because he truly deserves to have great things happen to him. He is one of a kind. A compassionate loving soul like no other.

So tomorrow after almost 19 years my son will be going it alone, as will I....

Cheryl

No comments: