Monday, August 13, 2007

Jubilee is over !

It was a fun, exhausting 4 days. I did pretty good money wise and excellent self esteem wise....lots of compliments and wows about my jewelry creations so I felt pretty good. We had good weather on Friday and Saturday but overcast skies and rain by afternoon on Sunday, no fun and no crowd that day.

I got several compliments on my booth, too. Which was a homemade - or would that be handmade ;-) creation rather than the typical pop up style tent awning that most vendors had. I forgot my camera the first 3 days to take pics and actually forgot it the 4th day but I called to have my husband bring the camera when he picked me up later in the day. Except OOPS I had started putting everything away before I remembered I wanted pics. But here are 2 pics. 2 of the displays were actually out in front and they were a bit more full the first day. It was really a makeshift setup, but it served me well and people liked it so all in all it wasnt a bad thing. And considering I will never do Jubilee again it served its purpose.

Yes you heard that right, this was my first and last jubilee experience. The crowd was more into $2 jewels rather than quality (and might not a known the difference). One man made a comment that was interesting. He said " I see you handcrafting your jewelry and the other jewelry sellers unpack theirs from china, and it shows. You make really unique pieces and have good craftmanship". That really made my day!!!!



So it is over and it was a learning experience as well as an uplifting experience and now its time to take pictures of my new stuff, list it on Etsy and promote my jewels so that I can buy more beads .....

But first a nap might be nice :-)
Cheryl

No comments: